Today we will be making a simple green alternative to the toxic and damaging insect repellents that are on the market.
In this recipe we will be using all natural organic ingredients.
We really want people to make their own products to reduce their impact and waste. The best way to make your recipes as low impact as possible is to ask your friends and family for the ingredients you need. Most of the time, they do have some to spare.
It actually becomes enjoyable when you have to hunt down certain ingredients with the lowest impact as possible. So reconnect with your social media friends and the people you come in contact with by simply asking for ingredients you may not have at home.
1. In a pourable container add half a cup of filtered water
2. Add Half a cup of witch hazel
3. Add 3 tablespoons of jojoba oil
4. And add 20 drops of any combination of these essential oils - Citronella, Clove, Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Sandalwood
5. Stir well with a fork or whisk
6. Pour your mixture into a repurposed old spray bottle you may have at home, or a glass spray bottle
To use, simply spray all over your body avoiding the face. This should warn bugs away, without needing to use harmful chemicals.
Don't forget to like and share this video to spread the zero waste love.