Did you know the longest living dog recorded was vegan? This seems like a good reason to feed your companion animal some tasty plant-based treats to us.
We regularly make almond milk - this recipe handily uses the waste (almond pulp) that's generated when making milk.
So let's get started.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 celcius (356 F)
2. In a bowl add a ¼ cup of coconut oil
3. Add ¼ cup of peanut butter, and a mashed banana. Then combine
4. Add 1 cup of blended oats
5. 1 -2 cups of almond pulp depending on how much you have left over
6. Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda
7. 1 grated carrot and stir until completely combined
8. Lightly flour a baking tray, and begin to make balls of batter with two spoons.
9. Lightly flatten them and place in the oven for 40 minutes, turning once in the middle, or until they are crispy and golden brown
10. Break into your desired size of treat, and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Don't forget to like and share this recipe and video to spread the low impact dog lifestyle.